A capsule wardrobe is a collection of clothing styles that are timeless and can be easily mixed and matched for multiple outfit options. These are neutral closet staples that will never go out of style. Primarily made of white, black, beige/taupe, and grey hues, these items will make getting dressed so effortless all year long!
To start, take an assessment of your wardrobe and see what types of styles you already own in neutral hues. Next, go step by step in our guide below to check off essential clothing pieces for a capsule wardrobe.
- Pure Memory White Bodysuit
- Tried Your Best Black Swiss Dot Bodysuit
- Free Soul Short Sleeve Dark Mocha Bodysuit
A bodysuit can be an outfit on its own and styled with accessories to dress up or down. It’s also a great basic to have in your closet in fall or winter to layer over with sweaters, cardigans, blazers, and shackets. Choosing a tank bodysuit, long sleeve option, and short sleeve style bodysuit will give you versatility when you’re styling your outfits.
- Let Me Adore You Rust Button Front Gauze Blouse
- Sweet As Honey Ivory Button Down Collared Blouse
- Sweet As Honey Black Button Down Collared Blouse
A button-up blouse will never go out of style. They’re great for work outfits and can also be worn casually with sneakers and jeans. Strategically choose a neutral hue in this closet staple!
- In Need Of Attention Black Striped Sweater
- Carefree Heart Ivory and Tan Colorblock Chevron Sweater
- Mindful Thinking Beige Chenille Striped Sweater
Sweater trends can vary from year to year, but a classic crewneck sweater is timeless. Stripes, solids, or colorblock patterns are go-to prints that will stay on trend no matter how much time passes.
- Stylish Splendor Charcoal Hoodie
- Coming Back For More Ivory Ribbed Hooded Pullover
- Affection For You Black Henley Pullover
Whether you live in leggings, are headed to the gym, or just running errands – hoodies and quarter zips are a practical option to have in any wardrobe.
Layering styles help transition and transform any top from one season to the next!
- Stay Beautiful Dark Wash Denim Jacket
- Stay Beautiful Medium Wash Denim Jacket
- Flashback Goodbye Light Wash Denim Jacket
Denim jackets are must-have for any wardrobe. You can layer them over virtually any kind of style.
- Feeling In Control Stone Blazer
- Picture To Burn Black Boyfriend Blazer
- Can't Be Persuaded Brown Plaid Blazer
- A New Vision Black Blazer
A classic item that has never gone out of style. Grab one in your go-to neutral hue. We also love checking off a black blazer for any capsule collection style list.
Every closet needs a neutral coat that will keep you warm in the winter.
- Just The Beginning Black Leggings
- Chasing Reality Black High Waist Legging
- Raise The Standard Black Active Leggings
- Remi Medium Wash Button Fly Flare Jeans
- Jemma Distressed Dark Wash Flared Jeans
- Hillary Frayed Hem Medium Wash Flare Jeans
Wide Leg Pant
- Carrying Your Love Tan Wide Leg Pants
- The Finer Things Cream Wide Leg Corduroy Pants
- That's The Way It Is Brown Pocketed Trousers
A wide leg pant serves as your go-to work/business casual outfit. Leggings are an everyday staple. Finally, grab a pair of flare jeans and skinny jeans in your go-to wash to finish off the bottoms section of your capsule wardrobe.
- In The Atmosphere Cream Turtleneck Sweater Dress
- Talk Of The Town Grey Sweater Mini Dress
- A Loving Endeavor Ribbed Midi Black Tank Dress
- Look Back On Tonight Champagne Cowl Neck Satin Midi Dress
A solid hue sweater dress in a neutral color is something you can wear for years. Of course, every wardrobe needs a little black dress. A black midi dress can easily be styled dressy or casual. Finally, have a dressy slip option for weddings or other special occasions.
- Millie Black Leather Mules
- Andi Camel Braided Double Strap Block Heels
- Sloane Beige Block Heel Tall Boots
Having a pair of heels, boots, and dressy flats will cover most bases for styling! Throw in a pair of white sneakers and you'll be covered!
In search of some outfits to wear to the office? Check out the Work Wear Essentials Blog!